Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chillin' Watching surfers


Ambling through the winter dune grass toward the beach,
I was acutely aware of the sound and action of the waves today.
(The point of land on the far right is where Daddy Ron took the video below)


(portions of the video tend to get a bit noisy because of the strength and angle of the wind,
so bear with it or turn it down)


This is that point of land mentioned above and you can see the floating surfers
waiting patiently for the perfect wave.

 As I was talking to Mr. Bionic,
I turned with a startle to hear one of these surfers
yell out a big whoop...
I think it was his first time here and he was beside himself.

 I think....I know...I'd be beyond myself if I came up over the hill and saw this in front of me.

Surfing 
anytime of year,
really is becoming more popular here and
I think it's a good thing.
The beauty of my world is so enhanced with their presence.

Now Mr. Bionic,
it's time to get into the car
because the temps are way below zero
(-10 C with a windchill of -18)
and we are cold.
If you think I'm cold 
what about those surfers?